Soft Serve "Ice Cream"

Sometimes I just need some yummy and creamy chocolate. This is filling and every mouthful is satisfying. Once there are frozen banana slices in the freezer, this two ingredient soft serve takes less than 5 minutes to make.

Chocolate Soft Serve made with frozen bananas and unsweetened cocoa powder

When my bananas are going south, I slice them up and throw them into zip top sandwich bags. I weigh 120 grams of banana slices for each bag. This is just to make figuring my nutritional count easier. It really doesn't matter how much banana is used in this recipe, so no need to weigh. I slice the bananas up, bag them, and throw the bags into the freezer. Actually, I don't throw them into the freezer, I HIDE them in the freezer. The hubby is grossed out by bags of frozen bananas.

This is perfect for overripe bananas. The older the banana, the sweeter the soft serve will be

Waa Ha Ha! I found a zip bag of banana slices that the hubby missed.
Although caked with ice crystals These banana slices will work just fine.

One word of caution: My 25 year old Cuisinart never complains at puréeing rock hard fruit but all food processors are not created equal. I have a friend who seized the motor of her name brand food processor under the strain of frozen bananas. Once I tried this in a bullet blender. I only tried it the one time because it broke the bullet blender.

However, I bought a small Proctor Silex brand food chopper in the grocery store for $9 and it works perfectly if just a little bit slower than my Cuisinart.



Throw the frozen banana slices into the machine. If desired after it has run for just a minute, add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder.



There is a temptation to think: "This isn't working". Relax, be patient, it's worth the wait.


The machine might need to be turned off a couple of times to push and pack the bananas down so that the blade can whip them.


When everything is looking creamy and there are just one or two banana chunks rolling around get really excited, it is almost ready for a spoon.


Let the machine keep running until the bananas and cocoa are a smooth creamy consistency. Once there are no chunks it is ready to eat. It can also be frozen a bit in a small airtight container.


I like it fresh out of the machine. It is cold, creamy, yummy, and sweet.

Nutritional Information
120 grams of banana slices and 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder:
Calories 120. Fat 1g, Carbohydrates 30g, Fiber 5g, Protein 2g.

This is creamy and there isn't a really strong banana taste. This really takes care of my chocolate fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment