Chicken "Noodles" and Sauce


Seriously Yummy, this reminds me of the Lipton or Knorr pouches that make pasta in a buttery chicken flavored sauce. We always add grilled chicken for a quick meal. Without the chicken and butter required those meals came came in at 5 PointsPlus per servomg and didn't satisfy my hunger for long.

This makeover is just as good and I feel full for hours after eating it. My new thing is shredded zucchini in place of noodles. Heated in the microwave for just a minute they have the mouth feel of al dente pasta without all the carbs.



Chicken "Noodles" and Sauce
1 large Zucchini
95 grams Chicken - Boneless Breast (Grilled without skin or bone)
1/2 teaspoon Diamond Chicken Base
1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss

Wash and cut the ends off the zucchini.

Cube the grilled chicken.

Shred the zucchini in the Cuisinart and microwave it for 1 minute.

When the time is up, heat the chicken for about 45 seconds.

While the chicken is in the microwave, and the zucchini is still quite hot, mix the laughing cow wedge and chicken base into the zucchini. They will melt in and make a yummy sauce.

Stir in the heated chicken and serve immediately.

Zucchini
1 large (approximately 12 ounces): Fat,.6g, Carbs 11.4g, Fiber 3.7g, Protein 4.1 and PointsPlus 0*

Chicken - Boneless Breast (Grilled without skin or bone)
80 grams: Fat 1.5g, Carbs 2g, Fiber 0g, Protein 19.2 and PointsPlus 2.

Diamond Chicken Base
1/2 teaspoon (3 grams): Fat .3g, Carbs 1g, Fiber 0g, Protein .5g and PointsPlus 0.

Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss
1 wedge (21g): Fat 1.5, Carbss 1g, Fiber 0, Protein 2g and PointsPlus 1.

Entire Meal: PointsPlus 3

*WW deems veggies free and that's how I am counting this shredded zucchini. Entering the nutritional information into the PointsPlus calculator shows the zucchini at a PointsPlus vaule of 1. I didn't get fat on zucchini, I'm not counting it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!!! I fed this to my family the other night. They loved it, even the men folk! I didn't tell them it was low cal and they didn't know. They even knew they were eating zucchini but didn't care. I added shrimp instead for lower fat content and curb appeal for my family. Soo yummy only downside, no leftovers for me the next day. :(

    ReplyDelete